Wednesday 30 January 2013

Leicester Hospital Build: Windows


As you will see the wife very kindly printed out the windows and doors she had designed for me! I've started applying them to the buildings, just done these two at the moment and personally I think they look great. Sorry for the slightly cack picture once I've done them all I'll take some better quality pictures.

The finish is not perfect but works fine for me. As ever still lots to do like painting and tidying up (also need to finish those chimneys. I have measured up the buildings at the moment and they almost fill a 2x2 square so I have decided  in the interests of not "crowding the board (which is 6 ft wide) I will not build the two wings which should sit to the left and right of the building. I will be sticking with the U shaped building as in my other posts.

This way the model should look good on the table, without filling it up an excessive amount!

As above I'll take some better pictures once I have all the windows and doors on, then its on to painting the bits that need painting.

8 comments:

  1. That is just insanely good, what a fabulous team you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Smillie that is a truly stunning building and it will look a fitting centre piece for the table. You and your good wife are a winning team on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, its mostly her to be honest! I just glue and stick she did the all the complicated make stuff look good bits on photoshop. I was seriously chuffed with how good a job she did on the windows and doors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really looks quite good.

    Well done, both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the building exactly fits your brief. It looks like a hospital; it looks great, and it isn't too big. I am very impressed.

    Congratulations to your good wife on a job well done on those victorian windows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid work -a great team effort!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys, the wife really did do splendid work which makes the whole thing look as good as it does.

    ReplyDelete