Saturday 20 April 2013

R.E.C (Rear Echelon Chaps)


I've pretty much finished my little VBCW style Diorama thing for my forum entry. Still might add some little bits like labels to the crates, but in the main this is finished. I will probably take some more pics of it as well, as I noticed the red ball looks much shinier in the pics than it is in reality (probably light shining off it or something when I took the pictures).

Anyway for what it is I present the R.E.C (Rear Echelon Chaps). Having unloaded the supplies these two decided the next most important thing to do was to crack out the croquet set and have a quick game. The war will wait after all.

I'm pleased with how this turned out, mainly because it gave me a use for these figures who would otherwise have languished in the lead pile for ages or been painted and never made it out of the cupboard. I will be popping these down with my supply vehicles and the like at future games, and most certainly at Partizan in June (which I'm quite looking forward to now).

12 comments:

  1. Unusual and fantastic!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats frakking awesome mate. Brilliant idea and done excellently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "R.E.C."...great creative name and scene! I'm likin' where you are going. Model-On, Mr. Smillie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys I'm really chuffed with how the little scene turned out, and despite not measuring it it actually fits in my rather narrow display cabinet, so its a double win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a bit special mate - great suff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great diorama there- well created, modelled and painted!
    How about some cricketers next?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys, it was a pleasure to put together, and turned out better than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is genius SIr! Really impressed how this turned out, well done that man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Michael, I'm pretty pleased with myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nicely done there Smillie and I love the fact that they are play croquet is so VBCW. Lovely paintjob on them too

    ReplyDelete