Sunday 11 March 2012

Guncrew


 

You will have to excuse the odd posting of the pictures, I didn't have access to photoshop this evening so I wasn't able to combine the 5 individual pictures into a single image for uploading.

This is the guncrew from Renegade 18Pdr which I have had knocking around for a while, I'll paint the gun up later in the week, or the weekend depends how busy I am. I like the figures although they have some pretty heft mold lines and flash here and there. I've not done a great job of painting the spotter/officers binocs, equally for some reason in the pictures the arty shell that one figure is holding has come out like a bar of gold! It dosen't actually look that golden so I presume its a trick of the light situation.

Generally they look okay, but I don't think I gave them my all as they look a bit scrappy in places, still will do as I don't have any arty at all without these figures!

5 comments:

  1. I think you might be being a little hard on yourself; they look pretty good to me! Looking forward to seeing the artillery piece in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Michael says, don;t be too hard on yourself, they're pretty darn good, even if you're not 100% happy with them. Love the chap covering his ears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks chaps, I'm working away at the moment so I probably wont be able to paint the gun until the weekend :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there are smashing Mr Smillie and rather good. Cant wait to see the Arty Piece done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job, Smillie ...always liked your work



    http://generalwildescivilwarinminiature.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete