Saturday 15 April 2017

Small Starship Troopers

I've just finished painting up 8 of the Oddzial Osmy 15mm Scifi troopers. These are truly amazing sculpts for such tiny figures. My naff phone pictures really do not do justice to how good these sculpts are for 15mm figures. I've seen 28mm that are not so nicely sculpted.

I picked up a bunch of these ages ago simply because I liked how they looked, I went for a grey green camo combo with one shoulder pad painted blue so I can match figures to squads. So the next section will have a red or green shoulder pad.

No idea what I will use these for but they were simple to paint and a nice little scifi diversion!

I also ventured into painting a different skin tone. Historically I have painted just Caucasian skin tones simply because that was what I had learned to paint and I was a bit scared to paint any other tones as I wasn't sure how to highlight them etc. However I thought I would have a crack at some African skin tones on this little sculpt and was pleasantly surprised to find the tone very easy to paint. So that is something new learnt! 

11 comments:

  1. Nice work. They definitely do make some very nice 15mm troops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea the sculpts are amazing for the size

      Delete
  2. Nice! The trooper on the far right in the upper photo looks like it's carrying the same weapon as Vasquez from the movie "Aliens."

    Aliens Smart Gun


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these are supposed to be slightly "aliens" looking

      Delete
  3. Nice work. They definitely do make some very nice 15mm troops.

    www.golden-slot.com
    gclub online

    ReplyDelete