Sunday 13 February 2011

No 1 Uniform

Another of this weekends painting triumphs (at least in my mind). This is one of Warlord's 28mm Crimean War British Officers. The hand holding the pistol originally held the officers hat, but I wanted to use the model as my CO for a royalist VBCW force.

So with the seed of an idea in my brain I hacked off the hat and popped a pistol in his hand. At some point I will have to add 4 or 5 bodyguards otherwise the poor old sod will get himself shot, far to early in proceedings to be heroic!

I'm very pleased with how he turned out particularly as I don't have much experience painting horses.

2 comments:

  1. Very heroic, very british and very good. I think a very fitting chap to led your royalists. Lovely figure too. Great paintjob and idea. Check up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mate, It was a really enjoyable little project. :)

    ReplyDelete