Wednesday 21 September 2011

Supply Wagon


I've been working on this across the last couple of days. Started life as a Lledo "days gone by" truck, I cleaned it up and undercoated it in grey primer before repainting to the above finish. I went with an interwar/early WW2 green/brown paint scheme, and I like the results.

I wanted to use this as a supply truck in my VBCW games (and pulp I suppose) so I have filled the truck bed with various bits from my modelling cupboard. The supplies are from a wide range of manufacturers and scales, I just grabbed anything that looked right.

I'm quite chuffed with how this turned out as I haven't tried painting a diecast before, I  have a couple more of these dicast trucks in the cupboard and a fuel tanker from the same range. All will now be painted up to match I think.

7 comments:

  1. Top draw there Mr Smillie and I love the stuff in the back just adds to it. Class job there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mate, I'm very pleased with how it ended up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great painting all around on a very nice model. Esp. like the way the green turned out

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very classy conversion Mr. Smillie. I'm always impressed at how well these die cast models scuba up and this is one is no exception. i particularly love the seat, I can almost hear the leather creak from here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers Michael, Have to say I was surprised how well it scrubbed up, the factory paint job was really flacky, but once undercoated it looked really smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks really damn good!
    Makes me even more itching to buy some stuff I've been looking at from the Copplestone Interwar range.

    ReplyDelete