Monday 26 September 2011

Some Tartan

I've had this figure for a while now ( I think I got him in a set last xmas) but after my last go at tartan I hadn't fancied having another go. My last tartan attempt (which is on here somewhere) turned out okay, but I wasn't really happy with the results.

So this afternoon I decided to get this figure out and have another go at tartan. Now I know he probably wouldn't have been wearing tartan in reality but I'm not obsessed with uniforms, only what I'm happy with, besides its an officer perhaps he wants to go over the top in the clan colours.

The tartan itself turned out just how I wanted it to this time. I used a plate from one of my ospreys for reference and I am pretty pleased. To the point that I am going to paint up the other two figures that came in this set either tomorrow or the day after. In any event I am thinking that as I am moving back to Aberdeen I might just have to paint up a platoon of Scots.

7 comments:

  1. A very nice figure, the tartan looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mate, have to say I enjoyed painting the tartan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Smillie you have excelled yourself with the tartan. It looks blooming good and I can not wait to see the rest of the platoon. Is he a Musketeer figure?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers mate, yes he's a musketeer figure. I've got a couple more in the cupboard before I might have to buy some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding Sir!, I know how damned frustrating it is to achieve tartan that meets one's own expectations but this time you have done a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tartan looks damn good, tried to paint one myself a few weeks ago but it just looked completely off....

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers gents, I worked out there are 6 colours making up my little bit of tartan!

    ReplyDelete