Thursday 26 April 2012

Horseless riders


I painted these four cavalry figures from Musketeer Miniatures a couple of weeks ago, having had them in the lead pile for a year or so (I think). The figures are part of their great indian mutiny range, I cannot say I know anything really about the indian mutiny as its not a period I have previously researched.

However I thought these figures would make great cavalry for VBCW, or at least they would do had I remembered to order the horses when I ordered the riders, doh!

Still I quite like how they turned out, having opted for some tartan trews, I need to paint the feet but will do that if or when I get horses for them. I've painted up another three jerry rifles in the meantime and will post some pics of these tonight or tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Fan-bloomin-tastic! Great work and I love the trews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers Michael, I was inspired to get these out and paint them up after seeing pictures of your sailors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mr Smillie there are wonderful and now I know where Donald's trousers are. Great painting as even and I totally agree with you about looking VBCW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I thought the hats and beards were suitable VBCW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tartan on the troosers. Look forward to seeing them on some horses though.

    ReplyDelete