Saturday 21 April 2012

A bit of an oddity


I've been really busy with work lately, but today managed to get some painting done. I bought this figure and some others from one of my favourite manufacturers, Artizan Designs. The figure is there not oddball from Kellys Heroes model. I've wanted to pick this figure up for a while as Kelly's heroes is one of my favourite films.

I tried to paint him up to match what the character wears in the film and am pretty pleased with the results. I also took the opportunity to change my painting style/technique. I usually use dark ink washes to add shadows to modesl. This time I have only used ink wash on the metallics and on the base of the skin. The rest of the shadowing is as a result of layering.

I like the results, I have a squad of Jerry's to paint and some others from the thrilling tales range.

10 comments:

  1. Love this figure - great paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that one of their Sky Pilots? Their miniatures are excellent and you've really brought out the best of that one with a fabulous paint job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is actually one of three figures from Kelly's Hero mate, same range.

      Delete
    2. Got in their first pete. Theres a kelly and big joe figure as well. Which I suspect will make it into the collection in the future.

      Delete
  3. No negative vibes here! Great job on the Sgt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely brilliant! One of my favourite movies too. Love the subtle changes to your style, really great results. Not even Moriarty could be negative about this job!

    ReplyDelete