Friday 25 January 2013

Leicester Hospital Build: Another little update


Another swift update (sorry for posting so much but I'm using the blog to track my build progress and keep me interested). I have popped the stone texture on the corner units and on the two buildings which sit behind the corner units forming the back of this U shaped building.

As ever i'm really pleased with how this looks. I'm going to be continuing the light stone decoration which is on the middle building along the corner units to make them look a bit better. I'm also just applying brick textures to the chimney stacks so they can be glued on, also hope to do the roofs tomorrow.

The corners of the buildings will have cap stones added later, and the white bits will be painted an appropriate shade of brick.

Oh and in the background on the left you can see my personal computer background which I made myself based around the good old Umbrella corp from resident evil. When I say I made it myself, I do mean it I had to make the red and white logo in Photoshop one triangle at a time. Oh and on the right I had to white out the computer screen as I realised I had left a client file visible (doh)

8 comments:

  1. Great progress Sir! Can't wait to see what Mrs. Smillie has done with the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is shaping up rather nicely there Mr Smillie and nice background on the computer

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking grand, loving the progress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I'm really pleased with how this is progressing. The wife showed me how she was getting on with the windows earlier and they are looking great. Hope to have them by the weekend (she's working on them between her college projects)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats very nice of your wife there Mr S and I cant wait to see them put in, so to speak

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good stuff. I have worked in lots of hospitals built in the same period and I have to say you have really captured the essence. If I didn't know already I would have been able to tell it was a hospital right away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Pete, and Thanks Rob it's actually really reassuring to hear people say that it looks like what its supposed to. When I started to apply the textures I was kind of worried that it would just start to look like 3 brick coloured squares without much character. :)

    ReplyDelete