Tuesday 23 August 2011

A Little House


I have spent the last couple of evenings working on this (off and on). Its scratch built by me with textures and some other bits and bobs from ScaleScenes, who produce a great range of high quality stone/wall textures etc for a really low price.

Now I know the above is far from as good as some of the amazing scratch built pieces that some people are producing. However I hate building scenery, I just can't be bothered doing it. When ever I try and build something I generally get bored half way through and just go and paint some models instead. So for me finishing this is a triumph in itself.

School boy error by me is that the roof does not overlap the side walls properly (which I some how didn't notice until it was waaaay to late. As this was really the test piece to see if the textures looked right I am not to bothered.

I'm going to try and use more of the Scale Scenes textures in the future as I really like the result, and while this does not look amazing up close, from two feet away when it's on the gaming table it does the job just fine as far as I am concerned.


2 comments:

  1. "Does the job", I think you're been a little too hard on yourself there old chap! Certainly looks great from this distance, will have to have a little look at these here scale scenics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mate, I have to say Scale Scenics stuff is great for someone like me who hates painting brick work and stuff.

    ReplyDelete