Saturday 5 May 2012

The wife's back catalogue

As some of you may know my wife is an accomplished artist, equally as some of you may know she is suffering from a work related upper limb condition which has made it almost impossible for her to continue painting, although she occasionally manages to complete a small piece. As I am endlessly proud of her abilities and work I thought I would get on my soap box and post some scans of some illustrations/paintings she has completed in the past.

This is a water colour painting of an Egyptian Horus head which she painted four or five years ago. I love it although the scan doesn't do it justice.

I'm going to intermittently post a scan of a past bit of her work over the next few days/weeks.

7 comments:

  1. Top work Mrs Smillie! A beautifully deft touch and strong use of colour; very striking Ma'am! I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice painting. It's a pleasure to view your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 0_0 that is stunning. It makes it even more of a tragedy that she can't paint as easily as she used to...

    Can't wait to see more, and i'm not usually a fan of watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Smillie I think you wife have real talent and an eye for beauty. I truly hope that she gets better and has a chance to returned to her illustrations. I am looking forward to seeing more of her work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys, I've passed your kind words along. I'm always really proud of her talent and how hard she's working to adapt her skills so she can get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope it goes well with her attempts to adapt as it would be a big shame o loose that skill. I can see why your so proud

    Ian

    ReplyDelete