Sunday, 30 January 2011
Tuesday, 25 January 2011
He's painted up as the peasant retainer of a knight or similarly important individual. I was really pleased with how he turned out as I do not paint fantasy models very often. I was particularly pleased with the face as I took the time to paint the little boil on his face and had a bash at the eyes, which turned out okay if I do say so my self. Although my rather shoddy camera work doesn't really do the model justice.
Friday, 21 January 2011
Thursday, 20 January 2011
Had a good result today though, I popped into Hobby Craft and found they had a 70% sale on. I picked up two big 225ml tubes of brown Daler-Rowney Acrylic paint for 89p each! not bad considering that they usually cost £7.50 each. Top savings and they will be very useful for groundwork etc on terrain.
Monday, 17 January 2011
So like yesterdays model I decided to paint him up to fit in with my Mordheim Warband. He's a conversion of a GW Empire bowman and some High Elf parts. All in all I like the look, especially the rather large Axe which I doubt is designed for chopping fire wood.
Sunday, 16 January 2011
Back to painting up WW1/VBCW figures on Monday as I have another 4 guys to paint up as part of my force.
Saturday, 15 January 2011
Friday, 14 January 2011
I went for a colour scheme that would make him fit in nicely with my other WW1 infantry figures. The flag is from a Victrix set of Napoleonic figures that I never quite got round to painting. I think it works okay as a royalist VBCW regiments flag.
Thursday, 13 January 2011
Monday, 10 January 2011
Saturday, 8 January 2011
I am really very pleased with how this model turned out to the point that I think I might have to order a squad or two of British infantry from Artizan and paint them up in the same way as the private army of some mad royalist or disposed Baron!
Thursday, 6 January 2011
Tuesday, 4 January 2011
I still need to shade off the white stripe around his hat a bit, but other than that he is finished. I am considering having a go at some Object Source Lighting on this model, it's not something I've ever really done properly before but I am familiar with the technique, I shall mull this over tomorrow and perhaps in the evening have at this model, and try my hand at OSL.
Monday, 3 January 2011
The first model is one of Musketeer Miniatures early WW1 trench raiders. A great model to paint as usual and I'm quite pleased with the result. I went for mainly uniform colours but decided his balaclava could be light green for a little splash of colour on the model.
The second model is one of Artizan Designs German officers. I'm really pleased with how he turned out particularly the light grey I chose for the majority of his uniform. I may actually have to paint up a squad or two of regular Jerry infantry for this splendid fellow to command.